almost 7 years ago
Only 37 more hours to submit your app to the Spiceworks App Challenge, so get those submissions in. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on!
Important reminder: Final submissions must be in no later than 11pm US CT on Friday, August 14th, 2015. Sorry – no exceptions!
Here are a few things to think about before you fill out the submission form:
- Your app name: Good app names quickly describe what you do with the app. (An IT pro instantly gets what it does.)
- Your tagline: The best taglines are descriptive of what the app does or describes the benefit of the app to the IT pro. They tend to do this while getting to the point and being snappy. (Flex your creative muscles here!)
- Images: Provide clear screen shots of what your app can do. Make your app come alive.
These are just a few tips, but don’t stress over them. While these will help the judges to get a clearer understanding of your app, you don’t have to be a creative or marketing genius to submit an app to our Challenge. Just submit, and if you win, we'll help you polish it up.
So, what do you need to remember to get your AWESOME app submitted? Here’s a quick summary of submission requirements:
- Use Spiceworks: Developer Edition to build an app for Spiceworks. Download now.
- Log in to Devpost. :-)
- Click ‘Enter a submission’ in the right hand nav on the ‘Home’ or ‘Updates’ tab in the Spiceworks App Challenge.
- +Add a new project.
- Add your project name and continue to fill out the form.
- Click ‘Save’ in the right nav.
- Complete the second form for your Challenge submission (this is the stuff that’s coming to us!).
- Click the green submit button at the bottom of the form.
- That’s it!
Be sure to check out any other details in our official rules (our lawyers made us include them!).
Have questions in these final hours? Post in the Discussions forum and we’ll help you out.
GOOD LUCK! :-)